Parent Connect Info
If you have problems logging in:
Please contact your student's school. The District Office is not authorized to give out PIN numbers and passwords to parents. If you did not receive your letter, the school can print you a new one and mail it to you. Or, if you show proper ID, the school can give you the information. Please check the CVUSD website for a list of schools and phone numbers.
Check your PIN number and password carefully. The first eight characters are letters and the last two characters are numbers. Don't confuse a lowercase "L" with a "one", or the letter "O" with a "zero".
When will Parent Connect be available?
Parent Connect is available after school starts. It's not available during the summer. Each parent / guardian will get their own PIN number and password. Therefore, each household may get more than one letter.
Letters are sent out in the first month of the school year.
How will I get my PIN number?
When Parent Connect is ready, you will receive a letter by mail with either your PIN number, or information on how to obtain it. Along with the PIN number will be a randomly generated password which you can change after you log in for the first time.
Why don't I don't see all my students when I log in?
When siblings are entered into Zangle, they must be linked to the same contact. If a school enters the same contact twice (for example Robert Smith and Bob Smith), one sibling may be linked to one contact (Robert Smith) and the other sibling linked to the other contact (Bob Smith). Each contact has a different PIN and password.
How does it get fixed?
Call your student's school and explain that all your students are not linked to the same contact PIN number. The school needs to link all the siblings to the same contact.
What are the features of Parent Connect?
- News - both Teacher and School news in a calendar format.
- Demographics - You can verify that we have all the correct information for your student.
- Contacts - You can verify that we have the correct information for your student's primary and emergency contacts.
- Schedule - You can view your student's schedule and even e-mail their teacher by clicking on the teacher's name.
- Attendance - You can view the days your student has been absent.
- Assignments - If the teacher has posted any assignments, you can view them.
- Marks - You can view your student's report card marks.
- Transcript - You can view your student's unofficial transcript.
- GPA - Parent Connect will display your student's GPA.
- Graduation Requirements - You can view whether your student has met all their graduation requirements, and where they are short credits.
- Course Requests - You can view what courses your student has requested for the next school year.
- Testing - You can view standardized tests that your student has taken.
- Health - You can view your student's immunization status, health history, and office visits.
What is Student Connect?
- Cafeteria - The Food Services module will not be implemented this year. However, next year you will be able to see your account balance and what your student has ordered each day.
It's very similar to Parent Connect. Your student can log in and see all the information that you can. In addition, high school students will be able to enter their own course requests for next year.